FTP transfers

From: Amir Khassaia <AKhassaia@vet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:29:11 -0500 (EST)
To: www-lib@w3.org
I am starting on a new application which needs to be able to get files
from FTP servers.

I have built a sample that is meant to load a document which comes with
the WWWLib but have been unable to receive any data over the connection.

Winsock reported error 10060 which is timeout, but I have tried
increasing the timeout setting with the library functions and still the
same problem. As soon as I use a HTTP url no problems are found and
everything is fine.

Anyone can help ?
I just need to be able to transfer a binary file(s) from FTP server.

ps.
I have been tracing through the library source and found that the
problem arises in FTPEvent ( ), inside a call:
     status = HTHost_connect(host, cnet, url, FTP_PORT);
also parameter host is NULL during the call, but i suppose the library
should cater for that.

Any help appreciated...