POST problem in Libwww-ssl (revisited)

From: Sander Alberink <sander.alberink@cmg.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:17:12 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi,

As a follow-up to my message on 13-6 regarding POST on SSL connections, I
can report that libwww-ssl does not send the body of the POST request, where
it should have done so. An example program that work fine when used over
HTTP fails when connecting to a HTTPS server.

When connecting to a dummy SSL server I see that the body is not sent to the
server, just the headers. This leads me to believe that the integration of
libwww-ssl is not complete and it does not send the body of a request.
Unfortunately, my knowledge of the architecture of libwww is not enough to
see where the integration is not correct.

Attached to this mail you will find a test program that clearly demonstrates
the problem. When the program is used to request the attached perl script on
a normal HTTP-server, it works fine, but when connecting to a HTTPS-server,
you will see that the request just hangs (after sending the headers).

Can anyone shed some light on this?

--
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have lines to code before I sleep, lines