Streaming put

From: joe bester <bester@mcs.anl.gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:51:49 -0600
To: www-lib@w3.org
For an application I'm working on, it would be very useful to be
able to do a streaming "put" operation. I don't necessarily know
the length of the data I'm going to send until a computation is
complete, and the size of the data may be large enough that I
don't want to keep a copy in memory.

I've been trying to use the HTPutStructuredAnchor() function.
I'm a little bit confused about what the post callback function
is supposed to return. Looking at the HTTP code, it looks like
anything except HT_OK is a termination condition. I added some
code to HTFTP.c to make that use the request's post callback if
it is defined. This seems to work, but I am unsure of what to
return from the callback function, and thus how to interpret
the callback's return.

Any advice would be appreciated.

joe