Should we commit the configure script?

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:45:41 +0200 (MET DST)
To: kinuko@tom.sfc.keio.ac.jp (Kinuko Yasuda)
Cc: Vladimir.Kozlov@idm.ru, www-lib@w3.org
Hello,

I've noticed in the past that depending on the platform, people may
have problems to create the configure script out from the configure.in
files.

One solution to this problem would be to also commit the configure
script to the CVS base. If someone wants to build it himself, he'll be
able to do it too.

What do you think?

-Jose