Re: Should we commit the configure script?

Hi.

Vladimir Kozlov <Vladimir.Kozlov@idm.ru> wrote:
 > It will be helpful - currently I have strange difficulties with
 > libtool-1.2. It seems that it could not find 'ld' path during
 > configure. When I replace this part of 'configure' with the same from
 > libtool-1.3 it works, but make says:
 <snip>

Hmm, so the problem related to libtool-1.3 might be FreeBSD-specific...
I'm sorry if I confused you.

Did you re-run the bootstrapping procedure from beginning
after you change the version of libtool?

jose.kahan@w3.org [mailto:jose.kahan@w3.org] wrote:
 > One solution to this problem would be to also commit the configure
 > script to the CVS base. If someone wants to build it himself, he'll be
 > able to do it too.

It will be very hepful!
At least for me. Also I saw some my colleagues had similar problems.

But I'm afraid some people may still have problems to re-create configure
script, say, in order to add their own files into the libwww.
(as I tried and failed. Actually, at first I had used the tar-ball version
of libwww which contains configure script... :))

How about gathering information about successful building environment
(including *exact* combination of tools) and extending the platform list
on the Web? Many people in this ML will be able to help and report for it.
Of course I can help, too.

How do you think?

Thanks.
--