RE: Help building static libraries for MSVC

Henrik,

In my opinion, it is much more useful to have a number of small DLLs
instead of a big one. But, if I'm not mistaken, the problem is that a
number of static LIBs are not a static ones.
I've never try to build static set of libraries, but Stephen's attempts
were unsuccessful:

-<snip>-
It does generate .LIB files, but these are still import libraries and
the
actual code is still in .DLL files.

Perhaps I am just doing something stupid.  I will keep trying.

(I know that cygwin is an alternative, but I would rather avoid that for
awhile yet as the rest of my project is in MSVC.)

- Stephen Walch
swalch@cisoft.com
-<snip>-

Unfortunately, I could not help - the same happens when I try to build
static libraries...
By the way, I think that it will be good to keep possibility to compile
using MSVC as well.

Kind regards,

Vladimir.