Re: Simultameous requests to a single host

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 15:01:48 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Mikhail Grouchinski <mgrouch@usa.net>

Mikhail Grouchinski wrote:

> Hello Henrik,
>
> I'm still studying how to make libwww to process simultameous requests
> to one host. The fact that it doesn't allow this is a big issue for me.
> The main goal of my application is to allow processing of multiple
> requests to the same host and it must be done within a single process.
> Since libwww has a select based event loop it should be possible.
>
> I had a look at HTHost.c HTHost_connect and other modules.
> It looks that architecture of libwww (HTHost object) assumes that
> only one connection can exists at a time to a sigle host.
> I can't estimate how many changes are necessary to libwww to introduce
> an option to change this behavior.

A quick thing that you may want to try is the following.

When a new request is issued, a HTNet object is created. At some point,
this object is associated with a HTHost object. A host object is a
unique <host:portnumber>, and if it already exists then the net object
is assigned to it. If not then a new host object is created.

What you may want to try is to trick the libwww into believing that it
has to always create a new Host object (or you can be more clever to
control how many and under what conditions). This can for example be
done in the HTHost_new() function in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTHost.c

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk