MFC problems in Web Commander - help requested

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 15:25:12 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
Cc: chris@w3.org, marja@w3.org

Users of the Web Commander [1] which is an MFC application written in C++
using libwww have complained that the window is not resizeable - and they
also have some other suggestions regarding the UI.

Web Commander comes as part of libwww and is in CVS [2] - it is built along
with other sample apps when building libwww on wintel [3]

I have tried to make the window resizeable but haven't succeeded. I could
be wrong but I don't think it is possible to do unless you write the widget
yourself. The "find" application obviously does this but I haven't been
able to find which classes it uses.

Would any MFC expert be interested in having a look at the Web Commander -
I would also *love* it to be integrated with the robot so that you
essentially can use it as a "Web Explorer". This could for example be used
for handling sync'ing of many files at once, off line editing of files, etc.

If anyone things this is as cool as I think and who actually have a bit of
time to spend then please respond to the list...

Henrik

[1] http://www.w3.org/WinCom/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/INSTALL#Windows