Newbie's question

From: jwd <jwd@choice.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 15:46:47 -0500
To: www-lib <www-lib@w3.org>
Please be patient with me. I am a libwww newbie.

Here is what I am trying to do: My local telco implemented ADSL. The
login to then and subsequent logins use cgi "GET" forms.  I have looked
at the libwww code to handle this. The thing I need to do is capture a
redirected port to use in subsequent GETs.  So my initial URI is
http://a.b.c/, the server redirects to http://a.b.c:9999/ and goes on.
I don't want the automatic redirect to occur and I want to read the
Location: header I get back to pickup this new URI. Once I have the new
URI, all the rest are http://a.b.c:999/fubar&username=x&password=y type
requests.

I suppose I should put back the responses ii get in a chunk because I
then need to look for specific strings to determine the success or
failure.

Any ideas here would be appreciated.

tia,

jim drash