Re: Event loop confusion

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 18:02:16 -0500
To: Jim_Ravan@avid.com
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
At 16:15 12/1/98 -0500, Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:
>My real confusion is "When does the event loop terminate?". Will it return
>to me at the end of all requests extant at the time it was entered? In
>other words, can I fire off ten requests, enter the event loop, and then
>expect that the event loop call will return when all ten requests have

You decide when to stop (and restart, see discussion at [1] - the bug has
been fixed) the event loop. As an example of how it can be used, I wrote
this small example which first issues a number of GET requests and then
goes into the event loop. Another model would be to issue the new request
every time libwww returns by calling the after filters.

linked from

linked from

PS: You can also get these samples directly from CVS:

[1] http://www.egroups.com/list/www-lib/606.html