Re: Event loop confusion

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 18:02:16 -0500
To: Jim_Ravan@avid.com
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
At 16:15 12/1/98 -0500, Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:

>My real confusion is "When does the event loop terminate?". Will it return
>to me at the end of all requests extant at the time it was entered? In
>other words, can I fire off ten requests, enter the event loop, and then
>expect that the event loop call will return when all ten requests have
>finished?

You decide when to stop (and restart, see discussion at [1] - the bug has
been fixed) the event loop. As an example of how it can be used, I wrote
this small example which first issues a number of GET requests and then
goes into the event loop. Another model would be to issue the new request
every time libwww returns by calling the after filters.

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/mget.c

linked from

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/

linked from

	http://www.w3.org/Library/

PS: You can also get these samples directly from CVS:

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html

Henrik

[1] http://www.egroups.com/list/www-lib/606.html
http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk