Re: Event loop confusion

At 13:05 12/1/98 -0500, Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:

>I'm new to libwww and I don't understand event loops. When do I need one?
>If i don't want to use one, how do I go about isuing a request (GET, PUT,
>POST...) in a normal non-blocking client without using an event loop?

You can't do PUT and POSTs without an event loop - the reason being the
differences between HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1. However, using the eventloop is
not hard - try and look atthe sample apps described at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/

for example the POST sample uses the default libwww event loop.

Henrik

--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium