HTMLToPlain and libwww 5.2

From: Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 00:07:53 CST
To: www-lib@w3.org

  I have been trying to convert the returned html to plain text.  So
far I have not been able to do this.  Using the w3c program I can
retrieve the remote file in "text/latex" format but no in
"text/x-c" or "text/plain".  I have added the extra converters
with a call to HTMLInit() and can see that when maximum debug
is enabled that the converter is found.  It is also clear from
the parser output that the converter is running; there just is
no output.

  In short,
    this works:
      ./w3c -to "text/latex" http://www.w3.org/ -o w3home.txt