Re: No desire for event loops

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:56:49 -0500
To: kent@iastate.edu, www-lib@w3.org
At 19:33 11/20/98 CST, Kent Vander Velden wrote:

>  Is there a way to leave the even loop started by HTEventList_loop()
>and restart it later?  I have tried using HTEventList_stopLoop()
>inside the terminate_handler but seems to leave the library in a
>state that does not allow the event loop to be restarted.  The
>documentation seems to support this observation when it says that
>no further library calls will be possible.

It turned out to be the HTEndLoop variable that wasn't reset - it should be
possible to reenter the loop. The only tricky thing is to make sure that
libwww is idle but you can use HTNet_isIdle() for that.

I have updated the CVS with this fix and added a new eventloop function
without a request object as calling parameter - it was a leftover from old
times.

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk