Re: Connection timeout

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:29:07 -0400
To: <pey@multiwire.net>, <www-lib@w3.org>
At 13:06 23/08/1998 +0200, Andrea Peyracchia wrote:

>I am using the library to create a batch download service. When I request
>with the HTLoadToFile() function a file on a non existent server, the
>function returns TRUE but the HTEventList_loop() loops forever. How can I
>set a timeout ? When I request a non existent file on an existent server
>HTLoadToFile() returns TRUE and saves a zero length file. How can I discover
>if a file exist on a server ? Thanks

The timeouts currently do not cause a callback to occur. They are cought by
the HTHost object (HostEvent() in HTHost.c) but are not probably dealt with.

It would be very useful to add this - if you can find time to start then I
will have a look next week when I return from IETF.

Anybody else have solved this?

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk