Re: Client-Side Cookies

From: John Philip Anderson <jpanderson_215@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:17:51 -0000
To: mszick@altavista.net
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Dear Mr. Michael Zick,

  You are absolutely correct.  It appear that "tail matching" would be much
simpler if the Jigsaw's ordering of the domain "parts" was reversed.  So,
parts[0] would be "com", "org" "net" or whatever (instead of "www", "w3" or
whatnot).  Then only parts[0] and parts[1] would be considered when sorting
or looking up cookies (actually, according to the Netscape Cookie
Specification, if the domain is something like the form "foo.bar.com.fr" or
"jed.bush.gov.fl.us", the last three parts are supposed to used for "tail
matching").

  The next time I start digging into the CookieFilter source code, I will
try to make these changes (however, right now my Client-Side Jigsaw
components are working good enough for my application and my attention lies
elsewhere).

  Thank you very much for your input.

  Truly yours,
  John Philip Anderson