Client-Side Cookies

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick@altavista.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:22:33 -0500 (EST)
To: John Philip Anderson <jpanderson_215@hotmail.com>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Dear Mr. Anderson,

Having followed this discussion, I have the following to suggest:

Wouldn't it be better to change "domainParts()" so that it returned
the "parts" array in the order UR(L/I)'s are resolved?
I.E...
for <www.foo.bar.org>
parts[0] == "org"
parts[1] == "bar"
parts[2] == "foo"
parts[3] == "www"
or for <anderson.net>
parts[0] == "net"
parts[1] == "anderson"

This would be a more "intuitive" mapping between variable, multi-part
strings and a variable length (elements) array.  This way, the array would
never come up empty if the UR(L/I) has at least one part.

Mike