Re: User Directories ?

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:47:45 +0100 (MET)
To: Mika Saari <Mika.Saari@nokia.com>
cc: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Mika Saari wrote:

> Hi !
>
>     I browsed through the archive and found few questions concerning
> about user directories. Latest answer (I found) was that there is no
> user directory support yet but maybe in next release. I would like to
> make user directories to be accessible like
> http://jigsaw.myown.org/~useraccount or
> http://jigsaw.myown.org/useraccount. Of course I can play with links
> etc., but is there ready made "system" for this kind of behavour ?

Hum I should make a specific indexer for that, using regex (then mapping
~* would be easy and create a PassDirectory with the right option would be
easy). Only basic indexers are available righ now and with the release of
decent regex packages we can now do fancy things, more on that probably
soon.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C / Jigsaw - XML Protocol - HTTP