Re: Transmission time from original server

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:07:25 +0200 (MET DST)
To: yuri wolberg <yuri@arelnet.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, yuri wolberg wrote:

> Good day everybody,
>
> I'm using Jigsaw as proxy. I need to know the delay from sending the
> request from proxy to original server till receiving the response from
> the original server (let's say there're no any more proxies between my
> Jigsaw and original server). Could you please suggest some way of
> calculating this delay using the data of Jigsaw objects (I mean,
> surely, not from setup tools, but at code level).

It is done in org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Client
		// Process request, and time it:
		tstart  = System.currentTimeMillis() ;
		reply   = processRequest (request) ;
		tend    = System.currentTimeMillis() ;

You can have access to this information in the logger, so if you write
your own logger (look at ExtendedCommonLogger), you may add that
information in the log file and process it afterward.
Another option would be to add a filter that will add a state information
containing the start time in the ingoingFilter, and get this information
back in the outgoingFilter.
Hope this helps,