Re: can applets be http redirected (urgent!)

The parameter file="http:uni.mpg" is given to the VedioPlayerApplet,
and the applet is supposed to download it, right?
So, the applet seems to be unable to follow temporary redirect (307), did
you tried with a permanent redirect (302)?

Regards, Benoit.

Tu Yu-Guang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use http redirection "307" to redirect the incoming requests among a group
> of web servers. It works if this is a regular file, but fails if the file is
> a parameter of an applet.
>
> The applet embedded inside HTML as following:
> <applet code=VedioPlayerApplet.class width=400 height=371 >
> <param name=file value="http:uni.mpg" >
> </applet>
>
> When the request "GET /uni.mpg" comes to server1, I want to redirect it to
> server2, but fails.
>
> Please advise this is doable and how to do.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vivian.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer