can applets be http redirected (urgent!)

From: Tu Yu-Guang <tuyuguan@comp.nus.edu.sg>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 02:43:56 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>

I use http redirection "307" to redirect the incoming requests among a group
of web servers. It works if this is a regular file, but fails if the file is
a parameter of an applet.

The applet embedded inside HTML as following:
<applet code=VedioPlayerApplet.class width=400 height=371 >
<param name=file value="http:uni.mpg" >

When the request "GET /uni.mpg" comes to server1, I want to redirect it to
server2, but fails.

Please advise this is doable and how to do.

Thanks in advance,