Re: 2 java files

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Lan Bin wrote:

> Hi, Friends!
>
> I am trying to read the cache part of the
> Jigsaw 2.0.4. However, there are several cases
> that there are same java files in different
> dir. Could any1 can explain the differnece
> in the following?
>
> 1,org\w3c\jigsaw\http\Request.java
>   org\w3c\www\protocol\http\Request.java

everything in org.w3c.www.protocol.http is related to the client side of
Jigsaw, server side, you have org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Request as it is related
to the internals of Jigsaw (this is not the case for the client side,
which can be used standalone). Both inherits from HttpRequestMessage, they
just have specific additions that explain they are in two different
packages.

> 2,org\w3c\jigsaw\http\Reply.java
>   org\w3c\www\protocol\http\Reply.java
Same as above.

> 3,org\w3c\www\protocol\http\cache\CacheFilter.java
>  org\w3c\jigsaw\filter\CacheFilter.java

org.w3c.jigsaw.filter.* Contains the server-side filters, while
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.* contains the packages of client side filters
(like ProxyDispatcher, MICPFilter and such).

The first one is called before and after the request is processed, the
client side filter being part of the processing if you are using a proxy.
As always, the client-side part, can be used standalone, and the
client-side cache can provide caching for a browser reusing Jigsaw's
classes, for example.

> I use the default setting. How can I know
> CacheFilter is active?

If you have configured Jigsaw as a proxy, by default the cache filter is
added, you can see it in the properties (Props, in jigadmin).