Re: Jigsaw 2.1.1 testing

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:36:50 +0100 (MET)
To: Brax <JBrax@csi.com>
cc: JigSaw Mail <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Brax wrote:

> I tested following things :
> putted a jigsaw 2.0.4 server in a directory, added jigsaw 2.1.1 classes there
> and started the server. It worked fine, buiding its ressources and so on.
>
> I only got one trouble :
> when defining and https port ( using same syntax than the one used with
> version 2.0.4; in fact parameters in http.props and https.props ), I cannot
> use JigAdmin - it can't connect to server. Meanwhile, I'm able to use both
> ports to access to server.
> When I remove the https port, I can use JigAdmin.
>
> This one might have something related with your 2000-03-03 version where you
> fixed clone in httpd ...
> I tested with 2000-03-01 build of version 2.0.4 but didn't tried yet 2000-03-07 build.

This is strange, I managed to run httpd and https as a clone without any
problem, well yes with a "little" one, a problem while saving the internal
state... So it is better to avoid clones for now in 2.1.*, it is high on
the todo list. Unless your cloned http server is firewalled, it is not
very good to keep both anyway :)
What kind of traces did you got, while changing the port of https?
More on this soon.