Re: Having problem while running a servlet

Veena T wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed a Jigsaw server in my machine. It was working properly
> with respect to applets and servlets till today.
> Today I made some modifications in the classpath. This was necessary to
> make my applets constructed using Visual Cafe to be accessed through the
> browser. The system environment classpath is as following.
> D:\jsdk2.0\lib\jsdk.jar;D:\VisualCafe\JFC\swingall.jar;D:\jdk1.2\lib\tools.jar;D:\jdk1.2\jre\lib\rt.jar;D:\jdk1.2\jre\lib\i18n.jar;D:\jdk1.2\jre\lib\jaws.jar;
> D:\java plug-in
> 1.1\lib\swingall.jar;D:\VisualCafe\Java\Lib\SYMCLASS.ZIP;D:VisualCafe\Java\Lib\classes.zip;D:\VisualCafe\Bin\components\sfc.jar;D:\VisualCafe\Bin\components\symbeans.jar;D:\VisualCafe\Java\Lib\collections.zip;D:\VisualCafe\Java\Lib\icebrowserbean.jar;D:\VisualCafe\Java\Lib\symtools.jar;
>
> You can notice that jsdk.jar is already present in the classpath.  But
> still when I try to access a servlet I get the following exception on
> the server prompt;
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContext
>
> Can you just tell what may be the problem as early as possible?
> Waiting for result,
> Veena T

There are IMHO only two possible reasons:

- your CLASSPATH is not correctly updated
- jsdk.jar is corrupted

ServletContext is loaded by the system classloader, so it's not a problem related to
Jigsaw itself.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer