Re: parameters to maximize performance on Jigsaw

From: Michail Pappas <mpas@intracom.gr>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:13:52 +0200
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Ka Chan wrote:

>   I also set the max heap size to 1 Gig for running java cmd. This
> setting
> is a little behind when I run the same load with JWS. Does anyone know
> that Jigsaw runs faster or slower compared with JWS? Does anyone suggest
> other settings to make my Jigsaw webserver runs faster?

Actually, better results can be obtained by installing a faster Java VM,
such as the one provided by JDK 1.2.1_04 Production Release. You could
also try installing Sun Hotspot 1.0.1 which is a replacement for the
native_threads version of a JDK or a JRE. Hotspot works by optimizing
bytecode into native code during run-time. However, I do not know
whether any stability problems exist.

Mike