parameters to maximize performance on Jigsaw

From: Ka Chan <kchan@mediaplex.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:04:52 -0800
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi all,
  I am trying to figure out the configuration to run Jigsaw 2.0.3 on a
333 MHz-Ultra sparc III with 1 Gig of RAM. The best I
could do was 93 hits per second with 210 clients. My configuration is
set
as follows:

org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.maxFree=100
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.maxThreads=500
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.maxClients=500

  I also set the max heap size to 1 Gig for running java cmd. This
setting
is a little behind when I run the same load with JWS. Does anyone know
that Jigsaw runs faster or slower compared with JWS? Does anyone suggest
other settings to make my Jigsaw webserver runs faster?

Thanks much,

Ka Chan