Re: Strange behaviour with NegotiatedFrame...

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Roland Mainz wrote:

> Hi !
>
> ----
>
> Sometimes at our homepage a image got lost (e.g. the resourcees were
> still there, and the file itself was accessible. But the NegotiatedFrame
> returned "document contains no data"). No problem, normally the next
> server reboot wiped-out the problem. But not this Monday.
> After some playing around I found some interesting details:
>
> The image has the URI "/icons/imi-logo" and is a NegotiatedFrame which
> links to "imi-logo.gif". Deleting both resources nor the complete
> "/icons" directory resource fixed the problem (BTW: The "default"
> directory's DirectoryResource for the "icon" indexer hasn't it's indexer
> attribute set to "icon". Is this correct/a wanted behaviour ??).
> After all, the solution was to _rename_ the _file_ on _disk_ to
> "imilogo.gif", and all problems went away.
> Any hint what's going  on here ??

Hum, the automatic deletion work, but not the manual one in the root dir,
it must be linked to the *&$#*(%&$*% bug we didn't found yet that
duplicates the root resource at startup, fixed in the XML version as I
edited the stores by hand... I hope to track this one soon however.