Newbie's question...

From: Jerry <hoekaheng@letterbox.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 00:47:18 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I just discovered Jigsaw and like the product very much. I have
now setup my own web server using Jigsaw. Some comments
and questions.

1) The installation is easy but it is quite difficult to understand the
documentation, especially the part on resources, frames,
realm, etc. Is there any other alternate documentation which is
easier for beginner like me to digest?

2) I tried changing the server hostname using the new admin
program and receive the following error. What does it mean?

org.w3c.tools.resources.IllegalAttributeAccess: Illegal attribute value jerry
r org.w3c.jigsaw.host
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.config.PropertySet.setValue(PropertySet.java:85)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.BrokerFrame.remoteSetValues(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.BrokerFrame.extended(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.frames.HTTPFrame.perform(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.FramedResource.performFrames(Compiled Code
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.FramedResource.perform(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.AdminServer.perform(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.processRequest(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.startConnection(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClient.run(SocketClient.java:114)
        at org.w3c.util.CachedThread.run(Compiled Code)

3) Each time I change the admin password to a new one, and exit the admin
application, the admin password is changed back to the default 'admin'. What
did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance... :)

--
Have a nice day!
Jerry

Permanent residences:
hoekaheng@{letterbox.com|theoffice.net}

Favourite Quote:
"Visionary is a self-fulfilling prophet.
Don't predict the future. Create it."
- Woodrow T. Wilson