Re: max_conn and timeout

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Giannakopoulos Michalis wrote:

> Hi!
>
> just to say that properties (for example set to)
>
> org.w3c.www.protocol.http.connections.max=2
> org.w3c.www.protocol.http.connections.timeout=10000
>
> in the http-server.props file are not fully taken into account.
>
> I've added some debug messages in HttpBasicConnection.java, and it shows
> that when the socket.setSoTimeout(timeout) method is called, timeout is set
> to the default value (300000) and not to 10000.
>
> About conn_max, in HttpManager, with debug flag set to true, it shows
> something like
>
> +++ notify conn_count 3 / 2
>
> where 3 is conn_count and 2 conn_max...
> and 3 connections are effectively created instead of the 2 I want.

Yes, it will generate 3 connections but just after the creation of the
third, one should be killed.
I will look into that (you can try to patch HttpManager and change
    protected synchronized boolean tooManyConnections() {
	return conn_count > conn_max;
    }
    protected synchronized boolean tooManyConnections() {
	return conn_count >= conn_max;
    }
But I need to take a closer look before sending the right patch ;)