Re: Stupid question about properties URL

Well.. my english is..

I don't want to access this file by Java code.
What I have to do is to set up a servlet properties (in Jigsaw admin)
The property is a file url (the url of a file named cocoon.properties)
I just have to pen the servlet property dialog in JigAdmin and set up the
property (like in
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/servlets.html#parameters)

I don't know exactly if

- This URL is relative to Jigsaw
- This URL is relative to the directory where my .jar file (the one that
contains the servlet) is situated, because my servlet is not a .class file
located in the /servlet directory but a .
- This URL is relative to Jigsaw itself

And as I use Windows (not unix alas)

If I have to use
- the "Bill way to write path" (D:\foo\bar\stuff\cocoon.properties)
- The Unix way to write path (/foo/bar/stuff/cocoon.properties)
- Another method (like D:\\foo\\bar\\stuff\\cocoon.properties)

Le 16:56 30/04/99 +0200, Benoit Mahe a écrit:

>> How does Jigsaw handle the path under windows 98 ?
>> I have a path to set up for a servlet properties.
>
>Ok, but what do you do with this path? new File(), getResource()?
>If you are using getResource
>
>URL url = getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("cocoon.properties")
>should works. This is relative to the servlet directory.

| Luc Saint-Elie                                 |
| 53, rue Caulaincourt                           |
| 75018  Paris France                            |
| Tel: 01 42 52 09 62 / 06 12 90 19 65           |
| email : luc@interpasnet.com                    |
| Servlet Taverne a site devoted to servlets     |
| ..and Java server side technologies            |
|           ATTENTION NEW URL !!!                |
| url : http://www.interpasnet.com/JSS           |