max_conn and timeout

From: Giannakopoulos Michalis <mgi@elca.ch>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:00:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi!

just to say that properties (for example set to)

org.w3c.www.protocol.http.connections.max=2
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.connections.timeout=10000

in the http-server.props file are not fully taken into account.

I've added some debug messages in HttpBasicConnection.java, and it shows
that when the socket.setSoTimeout(timeout) method is called, timeout is set
to the default value (300000) and not to 10000.

About conn_max, in HttpManager, with debug flag set to true, it shows
something like

+++ notify conn_count 3 / 2

where 3 is conn_count and 2 conn_max...
and 3 connections are effectively created instead of the 2 I want.

Cheers,

Mika
Michalis Giannakopoulos

99 rte d'Hermance