Re: can jigsaw point all requests at one servlet?

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:14:14 +0200
To: rob sanders <rsanders@draper.com>
CC: "www-jigsaw@w3.org" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
rob sanders wrote:

> Hi:
> I've just started using servlets and jigsaw.
> How do I configure jigsaw to route _all_ incoming requests to the same
> servlet?

Yes, you can write a filter [1] or use the RedirecterFrame [2].

> I want to be able to do some initial processing universally on every
> request sent to the jigsaw server.

Filters [1] are made for that, and the api is simple. Take a look at
the filters sample code page [3].

> I want to "proxy" all hits through my "entry" servlet. Is is possible?

Humm, the servlet api is not adapted for that, because the servlet write
the reply directly on the socket. You should use a Jigsaw filter instead.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/writing-filters.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/redirection.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/samples/Overview.html#filters

Regards, Benoit.