Using two types of sockets

From: Buchs Christian <cbu@elca.ch>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 06:35:18 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Does anybody has an idea how to integrate the following mechanism
into Jigsaw?

We would like to use Jigsaw as a tunnel proxy and use two types of
sockets or protocols: one type (https) on the server side
and another type (http) on the client side or vice-vera.
We have set Jigsaw as a mirror. If we subclass the SocketClientFactory
(see msg01513.html), then both sides (client, server) will use https,
which is not what we want.

Does the architecture of Jigsaw allows to use 2 types of sockets when
it is configured as a mirror?
Which classes should be modified?

Thanks,
Ch. Buchs