Re: Using two types of sockets

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:17:49 +0100 (MET)
To: Buchs Christian <cbu@elca.ch>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Buchs Christian wrote:

> Does anybody has an idea how to integrate the following mechanism
> into Jigsaw?
>
> We would like to use Jigsaw as a tunnel proxy and use two types of
> sockets or protocols: one type (https) on the server side
> and another type (http) on the client side or vice-vera.
> We have set Jigsaw as a mirror. If we subclass the SocketClientFactory
> (see msg01513.html), then both sides (client, server) will use https,
> which is not what we want.
>
> Does the architecture of Jigsaw allows to use 2 types of sockets when
> it is configured as a mirror?
> Which classes should be modified?

The client side can use another class on the client side, we maily used
that to do MUX experiments with a normal browser where Jigsaw was acting
like a http->mux.
To specify the client "server" used (not the best name ever ;) ), you just
have to define the org.w3c.www.protocol.http.server property in the
properti file (http-server.props).
By default, for http, it uses org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpBasicServer
(as explained in the source of org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpManager).