Remote Access Exception on servlets

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:36:54 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I'm trying to get servlets started (using the "Hello World" example from
Jason Hunter's servlets book.)

Any time I access the servlets directory I get 'document contains no data.'
 When I start up the admin tool, I can click through
Root/http-server/space/, and pretty much everything's fine, but when I
click on 'servlets' I get "RemoteAccessException: Unable to contact target
server 127.0.0.1:8009 after 3 tries."

I created the servlets directory per the instructions (in
Jigsaw\Jigsaw\WWW) and put HelloWorld.class there.

I'm using Jigsaw 2.01 under JDK 1.2 on Windows NT/Intel.

Any suggestions?

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com