Re: Remote Access Exception on servlets

Simon,

I use the same setting (Jigsaw 2.0.1 on a JDK1.2/Windows Box) and In my
case the Jigsaw\Jigsaw\WWW\servlets directory was setup at install time
Are your sure that your install is ok ?

I had nothing to do to make the servlets work (except writting them :-))

Le 09:36 02/03/99 -0500, Simon St.Laurent a écrit:
>I'm trying to get servlets started (using the "Hello World" example from
>Jason Hunter's servlets book.)
>
>Any time I access the servlets directory I get 'document contains no data.'
> When I start up the admin tool, I can click through
>Root/http-server/space/, and pretty much everything's fine, but when I
>click on 'servlets' I get "RemoteAccessException: Unable to contact target
>server 127.0.0.1:8009 after 3 tries."
>
>I created the servlets directory per the instructions (in
>Jigsaw\Jigsaw\WWW) and put HelloWorld.class there.
>
>I'm using Jigsaw 2.01 under JDK 1.2 on Windows NT/Intel.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Simon St.Laurent
>XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
>Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
>http://www.simonstl.com

Luc Saint-Elie
Consultant
PICTORIS INTERACTIVE
Electronic & New Media Agency
Dauphin d'Or Intranet - Biarritz 98
Dauphin d'Argent Audiovisuel Institutionnel - Biarritz 98
Grand Prix Internet - Biarritz 97
62, rue d'Hauteville - 75010 Paris
Tel : 01 48 24 97 43 - Fax : 01 48 24 00 68
http://www.pictoris-interactive.fr