Re: Interesting repository warning - question - what does it mean?

At 10:18 AM 8/4/99 +0200, Yves Lafon wrote:

>> What is the procedure for cleaning up or removing up old stores to reclaim
>> space?  Could this be done on the fly?
>>

>Well, if you stop the server with JigKill or with the admin tool, then you
>won't have this warning, otherwise, you can redirect the output to a file
>and have a cronjob to do the cleanup.

Yes I always attempt to use this 'polite' method.  On a couple of occasions
I have been unable to stop the server with jigkill --stop or jigadmin (they
claim "unable to contact.." ) yet the server reported it was running with a
--ping jigkill option.  Thus I was forced to use violence (Cntrl C :-)
and then received the warning messages.

Would like to monitor the repository and clean it if it needs it.  What are
the technics for doing this?  It was suggested that I could use
w3c/jigsaw/contrib/SalvagerResource.java where can I find this resource?

thanks,

John Conlon
John E. Conlon
jconlon@verticon.com