Re: Interesting repository warning - question - what does it mean?

"John E. Conlon" wrote:

> At 10:18 AM 8/4/99 +0200, Yves Lafon wrote:
> >
> >> What is the procedure for cleaning up or removing up old stores to reclaim
> >> space?  Could this be done on the fly?
> >>

> >Well, if you stop the server with JigKill or with the admin tool, then you
> >won't have this warning, otherwise, you can redirect the output to a file
> >and have a cronjob to do the cleanup.
> >
> Yes I always attempt to use this 'polite' method.  On a couple of occasions
> I have been unable to stop the server with jigkill --stop or jigadmin (they
> claim "unable to contact.." ) yet the server reported it was running with a
> --ping jigkill option.  Thus I was forced to use violence (Cntrl C :-)
> and then received the warning messages.
>
> Would like to monitor the repository and clean it if it needs it.  What are
> the technics for doing this?  It was suggested that I could use
> w3c/jigsaw/contrib/SalvagerResource.java where can I find this resource?

Salvager is a very old resource not up to date, it is not usable. Actually, there is
a salvage method in resourceStoreManager, but not used. I suspect it to have bad
side effects, I have to check it before using it in a next release.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer