Re: SSI question

joelg writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed Jigsaw this morning and need your help ASAP for a demo......
> I need to call jdbcCommand with an arguement (the notebook uses hardcoded
> values in it's example).  For example, I call jdbcCommand in a file called
> my.shtml.  I need to call this with an arguement passed in by calling
> www.mymachine.com:8001/my.shtml?user=joel.  This way I can look up joel in
> my database.  I realize I should be able to figure this out myself, but I nee
> to get something to show ASAP.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

 You can get the query string with <!--#echo var="QUERY_STRING" -->
 but you can't pass an argument to the SSI jdbcCommand. I think that
 what you want to do can't be done with SSI. The best way to do what
 you want is probably to write a Servlet or a new Jigsaw resource.
 In the next Jigsaw release you will be able to use HTML/Java pages
 (.jhtml) that allows you to write Java code in  HTML pages.

 Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team