Re: [Error When Fetching URLs] Method GET not implemented???

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:22:59 +0200
To: EricFerg@aol.com
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
EricFerg@aol.com writes:

> Ref. subject, I have a problem running Jigsaw:  Even though I believe
> installed it successfully (followed the instructions on the W3C web site -and
> -
> in the Jigsaw readme), when I point my browser to http://localhost:8009, I ge
> the subject error message.

 The administration server does not use plain HTTP but a variant of it.
 The only tool available for now is an application called JigAdmin.

 FAQ: http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/FAQ.html#Method-GET

 The http server is by defaut reachable at http://localhost:8001.

 Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)