Servlet Aliases/Loading

From: Kenneth Persson <kenneth@veosystems.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 01:54:05 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
I haven't yet figured out how to create an alias for a servlet, I also want to
control the initialization of the servlet better. Hints anyone?

In Java code how would I create the resource

http://x.y.com/veoport to bind com.veo.server.ServletPort

I would like to initialize it when the server starts up and only then. To me
it seem like the current model is, if I use the .class extension. loading
is enforced (even if it is already loaded), while class name without the
extension only work if it is already loaded.

Advice very much appreciated

/Kenneth

--
Kenneth Persson, Server Architect, kenneth@veosystems.com, (650)623 2815
Veo Systems, 2440 W. El Camino Real, Suite 710, Mountain View, CA 94040