Servlet Aliases/Loading

From: Kenneth Persson <kenneth@veosystems.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 01:54:05 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
I haven't yet figured out how to create an alias for a servlet, I also want to
control the initialization of the servlet better. Hints anyone?

In Java code how would I create the resource

http://x.y.com/veoport to bind com.veo.server.ServletPort

I would like to initialize it when the server starts up and only then. To me
it seem like the current model is, if I use the .class extension. loading
is enforced (even if it is already loaded), while class name without the
extension only work if it is already loaded.

Advice very much appreciated

Kenneth Persson, Server Architect, kenneth@veosystems.com, (650)623 2815
Veo Systems, 2440 W. El Camino Real, Suite 710, Mountain View, CA 94040