Re: ClassCasetException while using getServlet(String name)

From: S.Ramaswamy <srswamy@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 23:34:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: "jigsaw" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
I am sorry I lost all my old e-mail messages. This is futher in response to my question regarding having an instance of one servlet from another. I was getting ClassCastException apparently because each servlet was being loaded by a different class loader.

An updated Serlvlet.zip was posted to this list. This is followup to that

I unzipped Servlet, recompiled and used new Jigsaw.zip. I managed to get AUTORELOAD check box in JigAdm and got it working finally. Thanks a lot.

However, I had one problem. Initially I set the class name attribute of the servlet "MxSessionManager" as "matrix.tenza.servlet.MxSessionManager.class". Similarly for all my servlet classes I included .class at the end. The errLog of Jigsaw reported cannot locate file matrix/tenza/servlet/MxSessionManager/class. The .class was also being converted to a path name.

I later on removed the .class in the class name attribute then the servflet started working fine.AUTORELOAD was off in both cases

Class name attribute for ServletWrapper Resource        Remarks

matrix.tenza.servlet.MxSessionManger.class               DOES NOT WORK
matrix.tenza.servlet.MxSessionManger                        WORKS

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

S.Ramaswamy