Re: ClassCasetException while using getServlet(String name)

"S.Ramaswamy" writes:

> I am sorry I lost all my old e-mail messages. This is futher in response =
> to my question regarding having an instance of one servlet from another. =
> I was getting ClassCastException apparently because each servlet was =
> being loaded by a different class loader.
>
> An updated Serlvlet.zip was posted to this list. This is followup to =
> that
>
> I unzipped Servlet, recompiled and used new Jigsaw.zip. I managed to get =
> AUTORELOAD check box in JigAdm and got it working finally. Thanks a lot. =
>

> However, I had one problem. Initially I set the class name attribute of =
> the servlet "MxSessionManager" as =
> "matrix.tenza.servlet.MxSessionManager.class". Similarly for all my =
> servlet classes I included .class at the end. The errLog of Jigsaw =
> reported cannot locate file matrix/tenza/servlet/MxSessionManager/class. =
> The .class was also being converted to a path name.

 That's probably because you put a ' ' at the end of the classname. The
 ServletLoader test if the classname ends with ".class" before converting
 the classname into a path, so if your classname ends with ".class "
 the test fail.

 I will change this test. thank you for this bug report.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team