Re: PLEASE QUICK HELP !

manuel@drescher.hip.ro writes:

>     Hi everybody !
>
> I want to do quickly a project with jigsaw, and I want:
>
> 1. to know if it is possible (and with what version);
> 2. to find out how to do it;
> 3. to have simple examples so that I can quickly develop my suff.

 there is some servlet samples in the JSDK (see [5]).

> for the following issues:
>
> I.  How do include servlets in the server. So how to have scripts
> written in Java to generate html pages;

 *) How do include servlets in the server?
    See [1]. The documentation for servlet in Jigsaw2.0 will be available
    soon.
 *) So how to have scripts written in Java to generate html pages?
    You can write a servlet [1] or write a Jigsaw resource. See [2]
    for Jigsaw/1.0, see [3] & [4] for Jigsaw/2.0

> II. If it is possible to use servlets, are there restrictions to the
> java code inside (can I have a servlet that is connected to a
> database via jdbc ?)

 Yes you can do that with servlet or Jigsaw resource.

> III. How to activate some security in the server (is there SSL ?).
> How to activate the security in the client (the browser) so that the
> communication is secure. How to implement an authentification
> mechanism ?

 There is a basic authentification mechanism in Jigsaw, see [1].

> Some quick answers would mean much to me !
>
>                         Thanks in advance, Manuel.

 [1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/User/FAQ.html
 [2] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/User/Tutorials/resource.html
 [3] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/writing-resources.html