Re: RequestFilter: ExceptionFilter not being called on request termination

Yves Lafon wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Paul Pazandak wrote:
>
> > <HTML>
> >

> > <P>I have implemented a PropRequestFilter which has the following method
> > <BR>to handle exceptions that should occur when a request is cancelled
> > by the
> > <BR>browser. This never seems to be called.&nbsp; Could you explain?
>
> The exception filter is a client thing, so the only exception catched are
> those of the outgoing connection.
>
> If the browser cancel its request, only the tee stream can detect that
> (See w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.ActiveStream)
> You can, generate an interrpution, and modify the exception filter to
> detect this particular exception.

Could you explain what a "tee stream" is, or point me to docs on
it?Currently, it looks like ActiveStream is not part of the execution during
a request (none of my break points were reached in this file)... Before
asking any more questions, perhaps you could outline briefly how I
would go about tying into this class?

Regards,

Paul.

>       /\          - Yves Lafon - World Wide Web Consortium -
>   /\ /  \                Architecture Domain - Jigsaw
> /    \   /  \   http://www.w3.org/People/Lafon - ylafon@w3.org

Paul Pazandak                                      pazandak@objs.com
Object Services and Consulting, Inc.             http://www.objs.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55420-5409                       612-881-6498