Re: RequestFilter: ExceptionFilter not being called on request termination

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:33:28 +0100 (MET)
To: Paul Pazandak <pazandak@OBJS.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Paul Pazandak wrote:

> <HTML>
>

> <P>I have implemented a PropRequestFilter which has the following method
> <BR>to handle exceptions that should occur when a request is cancelled
> by the
> <BR>browser. This never seems to be called.&nbsp; Could you explain?

The exception filter is a client thing, so the only exception catched are
those of the outgoing connection.

If the browser cancel its request, only the tee stream can detect that
(See w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.ActiveStream)
You can, generate an interrpution, and modify the exception filter to
detect this particular exception.

  /\ /  \                Architecture Domain - Jigsaw