Re: cached resources

Paul Pazandak wrote:

> Yves Lafon wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Gil Hansen wrote:
> >
> > > How can one tell if a resource being downloaded is obtained from the cache
> > > or from the remote host?
> >
> > If Jigsaw give the resource from the cache, the ingoingFilter of
> > CacheFilter will return a Reply, you can use that.
> > Another thing is to detect the Age: 0, but clearly, it is a hack :)
> >

> According to the docs ingoingFilter procesing should stop if a non-null Replyis
> returned. Shouldn't this mean that no other ingoingFilters are called when the
> CacheFilter returns a non-null Reply? In our test cases, the ingoingFilters are
>
> still being called.

Some additional info: In the http-server.props the line
w3c.www.protocol.http.filterslists CacheFilter first. The code in HttpManager DOES
appear correct however, and
SHOULD stop processing other filters if the CacheFilter (or any filters) returns a
non-null
response.

This would imply that the CacheFilter is the last filter being processed. ...I'll
have to check
this out.Sorry... I'm still in a daze from a nasty flu. Yes, one should be able to
change theorder of filters in the http-server.props file, as long as jigsaw
doesn't crash if the
CacheFilter doesn't have to be listed first. (will it break jigsaw?)