Changing initial root resource

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 08:49:48 +0200 (MET DST)
To: mark@intraspect.com
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Mark Friedman writes:
 > Assuming I have my own main() method which starts up jigsaw, how might I
 > programmatically set that Jigsaw server's root resource (preferably
 > before the server starts up)?

I guess you want to start from scratch (?) ie no config available yet
?

 > What confuses me is how to get the root resource stuff bootstrapped. I'd
 > like to just set the w3c.jigsaw.root.name property, but that resource
 > name needs to get associated with a resource in the root resource store.
 > How do I get that association made before the server starts up (i.e.
 > before my call to httpd.initialize())? Or is there some other way?

If you don't know before hand you're probably in trouble (you would
have to go in the store directorectory and try to understand the root
store  file to know what is there).

Otherwise, just setting the proerty should work fine (I guess that's
not whatyou're looking for though ?)

Anselm