Re: Jigsaw's cache mecanism

Julianne Freire Pepeu    Departamento de Informatica, UFPE
jfsp@di.ufpe.br          http://www.di.ufpe.br/~jfsp

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Anselm Baird_Smith wrote:

> Julianne Freire de Sousa Pepeu writes:

>  > To be clearer, let me explain what I am trying to do with Jigsaw.
>  > I'd like to use the ProcessFilter coupled to the proxy. I need to know
>  > how to programm it in order to guarantee the caching will be done
>  > ONLY after the execution of the content of the ProcessFilter COMMAND
>  > attribute.
>
> I see. The ProcessFilter being a server side filter, it will only
> allow you to act on the cached stream. In your situation what you
> would have to do is write a client side ProcessFilter (which currently
> doesn't exist) and plug it (using above property). Note that the order
> in which the filters are declared in the property matters, in your
> case you probably want to have:
>
> w3c.www.protocol.http.filters=w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.CacheFilter|ProcessFilter
>
> (process filter will be invoked first, and the cache filter will than
> cache the processed stream).
>
> Anselm.

Hi, Anselm.

I've written a client side ProcessFilter. But, when I declare in the
property the 2 filters (CacheFilter and ProcessFilter), the CacheFilter's
outgoingFilter method is never invoked!

Some idea?

Thanks in advance,

Julianne.