Creating filespace for users; Managing Realms

From: Walter Eaves <Walter.Eaves@brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 21:12:10 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

*Creating Filespace for Users

I have a PostableResource that allows authorized users to submit
queries. I then want to take my output make it an HTML page and write it
a directory solely for that user to view.

As far as I see it, I will need to do the following:

Locate a DirectoryResource - being the parent of all users. Determine if
the user has his own DirectoryResource within it.

If not, then create one and install a GenericAuthFilter for him on that
directory.

Can anyone give me a hint and tell me what objects and methods to use?

*Managing Realms

In a way the DirectoryResource that users get is an extension of their
user information stored for authentication. I would like to access all
this information and add to it.

How would I go about doing that?

Also is there any way I can allow someone other than the administrator
to administer a realm?

Thanks. (Incidentally, I have a database at my disposal for storing all
the realm info).

--
Walter.Eaves@brunel.ac.uk
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/research/hci