Re: Getting an AuthUser

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:46:58 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Walter Eaves <Walter.Eaves@brunel.ac.uk>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Walter Eaves wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed a GenericAuthFilter on a directory, installed some
> extensions of PostableResources. I now want to find out who has accessed
> the resource.
>
> Can't seem to find a way of simply finding out which authenticated user
> is making use of a resource?

If you have a GenericAuthFilter installed, the request will have an
Authorization field which can be accessed like this:

String user = (String) request.getState(AuthFilter.STATE_AUTHUSER);

user is null if the request has no Authorization: field.

      /\        E tae koe ki Aotearoa kaua e whawhai; e u koe ki uta,
  /\ /  \       kei mahi ki tai ki Tu, puhia he angina; e mau ki tai
 /  \    \/\    ki Noho, he huhu, he pepe, he hanehane.
/    \   /  \        - Yves Lafon - W3C / INRIA - ylafon@w3.org -